10.21.2009

1 ... 2 ... 3 ... pumpkin face!

Uncle Hudd taught Nora a fun game; we like to call it "1 ... 2 ... 3 ... pumpkin face!". Here's how you play: say "1 ... 2 ... 3 ... pumpkin face" and then make your best jack-o-lantern impression. Terribly complicated, but Nora is very advanced for a two-year-old, so she caught on right away. You can play it all October long. Come on, now---everybody---one, two, three ... PUMPKIN FACE!!
That, up there, was Nora's impression.

In other news, we visited a pumpkin patch the other day. What Halloween would be complete without such an excursion? I ask you. Also, why is pumpkin spelled "pumkin'" in the photo above? Aren't these people professional pumpkin sellers? Shouldn't they, of all people, know how to spell it? I am puzzled, and no, I don't think incorrect spelling is ever cute--call me krazy.







And speaking of pumpkin patches, Nora also wore green on last year's outing. That Nora, she really has a thing for green.

Man, oh man, she was cute. It's such a shame I was so sleep-deprived and out of my brain to fully realize it at the time. Luckily, I think I've figured it out now and enjoy her completely.

8 comments:

sara e.a.* said...

sarah jane, you and your darling little family are just too much for me. i love it! ahhh, i miss you and your sweetness. thank goodness for blogtown.

oh, and by the by, have you seen the art of another adorable sarah jane? i'm sure she could be your best friend. (or are you one in the same)? she has a storefront on etsy, if you haven't seen it yet. (sarahjanestudios).

Megan said...

Love these family pictures. I need to get Grey to the PUMKIN patch! Happy Halloween :)

Sarah BTW said...

that first picture is ADOR.A.BLE. fyi.

Mia said...

sarah you have the cutest family!!! Nora is a crack up... i love the pumpkin face!

sarawhat said...

I love all these pictures and wish we had a fantastic German pumpkin patch to visit. Sadly, there is none. So is it safe to assume that you are no longer sleep deprived and have a little champion sleeper on your hands now? I remember how rough your first year was and felt MAJOR sympathy for ya.

Momma Ann said...

Nora is absolutely adorable in every single picture. And I remember being there at the 'pumkin' patch last year--with the green and the goats that she tried to feed. Cool remembrances for sure. Glad we had a b-day party with her here, but loved the pics there with all her excitement. Give her loves from grandma p.

mary jane said...

Dress her in green while you can! if she is anything like her cousin, she will want to wear only shades of pink pretty soon, and an occasional purple. Suzy loved your shoes and wants to know where to get some, i couldn't remember.

Austyn said...

that's one good lookin family right there. nora is growing up!!